CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Last weekend, i had my breakfast with my little brother at the restaurant that we always go for breakfast. Before we reach the restaurant he said want to buy sweets at the mini market, but my mum do not buy for him. Then my brother still standing in the mini market and don't want to go said:" i won't eat if you do not buy for me." At the end, my mum buy for him already and mt bro only take his breakfast after bought the sweets.


After our breakfast, we went back home, my mum was told my bro,"you must brush your teeth every night. If not,you'll get cavities and your teeth will be pulled out. You will look very ugly and unable to chew your food." My bro was scared after heard what mum had said and promise will brush teeth every night.

In the afternoon, my family and i went to shopping mall, i saw a very nice and cool mobile phone and want to buy it. But my dad said:"your mobile phone still function well, why waste the money to buy a new one?" Then i said:"because that is the latest model and everyone of my friend are using this phone. Its cool." But at the end my dad still do not bu it, he said if i study well and get good result in my exam then he will buy for me.

Before we doing back home, my dad bring us go to beach to have a walk....This is the great weekend because my dad are spend his whole day to bring us out.


Implement from critical thinking:

In the 1st paragraph, my bro are try to using ad populum appeal to force which is in the Meterial Fallacies to persuade my mum to buy him sweets.

In 2nd paragraph, the fallacy had been used was ad populum appeal to indirect consequences to make my bro scared of it and will go to brush his teeth every night.

Im try to using the ad populum appeal to common practice to persuade my dad to buy me a new mobile phone.

0 comments: